Modern country classic home tips: Open storage
Shelves filled with artisan ceramics and collected treasures are a staple of the farmhouse kitchen.
What you need to know
Run a high-level shelf around the room to display plates or vases, or fit a Shaker-style peg rail for hanging utensils or drying herbs. An alcove or chimney breast is ideal for shelving; buy a unit cut to your dimensions, delivered flat-pack for you to assemble. For a rustic feel, try a plate rack or carved wall shelf. Get the industrial look with a metal trolley with wooden shelves.
1: School Light weathered Copper with Polished interior
2. Hand-Decorated Polish Pottery Flower Vase, Love Hearts
3. CHARLOTTE LINED WIRE BASKETS, $7.99, World Markets
4. Wooden Plate Rack Wall Shelf by THE ORCHARD
5. CUSTARD CREAM CUSHION by Nikki McWilliams
6. Mauviel M’250c Copper & Stainless Steel Cookware Set, 5 pieces, cast iron handles, $1230 (Wow)
7. Storage Bins from Rona Garage $10.99
8. Hambledon Raw Oak Tall Stool, £120, http://www.gardentrading.co.uk/furniture/indoor-furniture/oak-tall-stool.html