Beautifully coloured, and with the tang of raspberries, strawberries and oranges, this is a spicy, fizzy fruit punch perfect for parties.
How to make non-alcoholic punch:
1. In a large, non-aluminium saucepan, combine the berries, sugar, cloves, cardamom, orange zest, vanilla bean and 6 cups (1.5 litres) of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
2. Place a large sieve over a large jug. Pour the berry mixture through, straining out the solids; do not press the solids. Let cool to room temperature, then stir in the orange juice.
3. Just before serving, stir in the soda water or sparkling mineral water. Serve the punch over ice.
Ingredients for 10 servings of this non-alcoholic punch recipe:
- 300 grams frozen raspberries
- 300 grams frozen strawberries
- 1 and a half cups (330 grams) of sugar
- 10 whole cloves
- half a teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 6 strips (about 8 x 1cm each) of orange zest
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2 cups (500 ml) of orange juice
- 2 cups (500 ml) of soda water or sparkling mineral water
- ice cubes